Unfortunately, chocolate can be very dangerous for dogs. How much is too much and what should you do if your dog eats chocolate?
Bloat in dogs is a common and often fatal emergency. There are ways to reduce the risk and recognizing the symptoms early could save your dogs life.
Heartworms are foot-long worms that live in the heart, lungs, and major blood vessels of pets. It sounds like something from a horror movie, but worse… it’s a reality. Whilst US dog owners rightly worry about heartworm, this parasite can also infect cats and ferrets, along with wild mammals such as coyotes, wolves, and foxes.
There’s nothing more refreshing for our homes than having beautiful, living plants. Some of these plants when ingested by your pup or kitty can make them feel less than energized and invigorated. Some can even be deadly. Here’s a list of the top most common plants that are poisonous to pets or can upset your furry friend’s day.
Many of us have heard stories about pets who have ingested things outside of their regular diets. Maybe you’ve heard of a dog who ate someone’s socks and underwear, or maybe you have first-hand experience dealing with your cat who ate a piece from a plastic plant. In any case, foreign body ingestion in pets can be very concerning. It is important to recognize the signs and know what to do if your pet eats something that they shouldn’t!