Many of us have heard stories about pets who have ingested things outside of their regular diets. Maybe you’ve heard of a dog who ate someone’s socks and underwear, or maybe you have first-hand experience dealing with your cat who ate a piece from a plastic plant. In any case, foreign body ingestion in pets can be very concerning. It is important to recognize the signs and know what to do if your pet eats something that they shouldn’t!
Is your dog losing hair or itching uncontrollably with no signs of fleas? If so, your dog may have mange. Mange refers to a skin disease that is caused by parasitic mites. These mites are very tiny, and they can be dog-specific or can be zoonotic and infect other species, including humans.